Thursday, January 3, 2013

College Weight

At the risk of sounding like I am telling you what to do, diets, well I don't believe in them. Any time I tried to fallow one I would cheat and in a big way. So after my four years away at college and gaining 40lbs, I realized I needed to do something. I was uncomfortable, and refused to buy larger clothing. So, I decided to implement two major things, moderation & exercise. It's true, eating a smaller piece of that chocolate cake and lifting weights will help you shed those uncomfortable pounds.

It was hard at first. The working out was painful because I was so out of shape. But, after my second workout session I was already feeling a difference. Also, I started drinking more H2O again and less pop. After I worked out I would drink a protein shake . I found that not only gave me more energy it helped me curve those before lunch snack cravings.

Now, I have shed those 40lbs from college and went down 4 pants sizes. I am in the best shape of my life! I'm a size 4 and proud of it. I worked hard to get here and I plan on staying here. The holidays are hard because I love chocolate and baked goods. But, allowing myself to enjoy some, helps me not eat it all. Here is a link to an inspirational blog post I discovered thru pinterest you can read it here.

*Remember we are only human. Let's not set ourselves up for failure. I am not saying don't diet, maybe that works for you. I am just saying do what works for you, and don't beat yourself up if something doesn't.

~Sarah

No comments: